This video is intended help get you through your first ten hours of playing DCS: UH-1H Huey. We'll go through setting up your controls, the basics of using the trim, and then review the different modes of flight you should practice. Your Huey experience will soon be a less frustrating one (you've read your manual, haven't you?). Items include:
- Learning how to set your axis curves.
- Getting familiar with the control indicator and force trim.
- Hovering, both in and out of ground effect.
- Transitioning between modes of flight.
- Reading about VRS and how to avoid it.
- Learning how to autorotate.
Practice the right maneuvers and you'll spend less time crashing and more time flying. This is the second version of this video, recut to correct some information about rudder trim.
Check out the Huey at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/huey/.
DCS: World by Eagle Dynamics.
DCS: UH-1H by Belsimtek.
Belsimtek's training videos are a good resource, view them at
Hover video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-URVYxyIww4
Autorotation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6UufhO2A9k