Pasta In Red Sauce,a very popular and loved by all age groups. (Hindi Video with English close caption)
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Pasta-In-Red-Sauce-37563r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Pasta In Red Sauce
Perfectly-cooked fusilli takes to this richly flavoured tomato sauce like a fish takes to water. An assortment of ingredients ranging from onions and garlic to peppercorns, herbs and bay leaves offer their unique flavours to this intense tomato-based sauce, making the Pasta in Red Sauce an experience that will remain in your memory forever.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 cups blanched and finely chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 cups cooked pasta (fusilli)
2 tbsp olive oil
6 to 8 peppercorns (kalimirch)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
salt to taste
3 tbsp readymade tomato puree
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1/4 cup fresh cream
For The Garnish
1 tbsp fresh cream
1 tbsp grated processed cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Remove the bayleaves and discard them.
6. Add the tomato purée, tomato ketchup, oregano, chilli flakes and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
7. Add the cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
8. Add the fusilli, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
9. Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream and cheese.
1. At step 5, you can also discard the peppercorns along with the bayleaves.